Customs rules. General information
Natural persons have the right to introduce objects of cultural heritage on the Republic of Moldova’s territory only if they present to the Customs Service the following papers:
- the authorization issued by the competent authority of the sending state which attest the origin, the owner and the goal in which the valuable objects are shipped abroad,
- the observance of the economic policy measures of the Republic of Moldova,
- the certificate which confirms the payment of the customs duties of import
- the completed customs declaration
The natural persons haven’t the right to take away objects with cultural value from the Republic of Moldova’s territory. Other value objects in the field of arts, literature, science, culture and religion can be taken away from the Republic of Moldova if they are accompanied by an authorization issued from the National Tourism Agency where the cost of the object is specified and that confirms that it has no cultural value.
Regulations with reference to the currency
|Declaration form||The amount in foreign currency or the equivalent in national currency|
|Written declaration||to the entry||to the exit|
|Optional||amounts to 10,000 Euros||amounts to 10,000 Euros|
|Compulsory||amounts over 10,000 Euros||from 10,000 to 50,000 Euros (*)|
(*)The following papers will be presented to the customs bodies:
(1) the documents that confirm the introduction of the money in Moldova, (2) and / or the permission for the taking away of the money from the Republic of Moldova, issued by licensed banks, (3) and / or the authorization for the taking away of money from the Republic of Moldova, issued from the National Bank of Moldova.
The introduction in Moldova of cash in national currency and of cash / travel checks in foreign currency isn’t limited.
The natural persons are obliged to declare in written form to the customs bodies the amounts that exceed 10,000 Euros (or their equivalent) per person/travel.
For additional information, visit the website of the Moldova’s Customs Service: www.customs.gov.md